Saturday 24 October 2009

Mother and daugther in the kitchen

As part of our new lifestyle at home, its been decided that I'll cook the meals during the week and my wife will cook at the weekends (she said she needed to keep her hand in, but I think its because she's lovely and wants to give me a break from cooking.)

So, as I write my first blog post, I find that instead of cooking, I am watching my wife and daughter cook and prepare dinner for tonight and pudding for tomorrow (we're having friends round to eat with us).

The pudding comes from a great book called "the hummingbird bakery cookbook", which has some great recipes in (a Red Velvet Cake which I've used), although, for tomorrow we having a great Lemon Meringue pie.

Well, I think I'll go and help dry up - its the least I can do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment